Day of Rage: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 3)
Vice reports: “Hamas calls for a “day of rage” which begins before sunrise with Palestinian protesters setting ablaze the Jewish holy site, the Tomb of Joseph, in Nablus. VICE News travels there soon after to witness the aftermath.”
This report was shot the day after Joseph’s Tomb in Nablus was burned down by Palestinians. We see an Arab street that cannot be contained by the Palestinian Authority while being egged on by Hamas. Palestinians interviewed reiterate the message that this current round of violence is youth-led and grassroots. It is a manifestation of frustration and rejection of negotiations. The Day of Rage called for by Hamas went by rather quietly, almost as if to underscore the point that traditional centers of Palestinian power have become meaningless.
– Clashes in the West Bank: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 1)
– Locking Down Jerusalem: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 2)
– Day of Rage: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 3)
– Death of a Stone-Thrower: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 4)
– The Heart of the Conflict: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 5)