Locking Down Jerusalem: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 2)
Vice reports: “The Holy City is on high alert after a series of seemingly random stabbings of Israeli Jews by young Palestinians. In recent days, authorities have imposed a series of new checkpoints to put the city’s Jewish community at ease. But the new security measures have made life very difficult for ordinary Palestinians.”
Here, Vice bases its report from the Old City of Jerusalem and we get a glimpse at the cyclical nature of the situation ie Stabbing attack occurs, followed by heightened security responses which then cause greater anger and alienation leading to more attacks.
– Clashes in the West Bank: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 1)
– Locking Down Jerusalem: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 2)
– Day of Rage: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 3)
– Death of a Stone-Thrower: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 4)
– The Heart of the Conflict: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 5)