The Heart of the Conflict: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 5)
Vice reports “VICE News visits one of the most disputed pieces of land in the world, a holy site for Jews and Muslims in Jerusalem’s Old City that’s become the focal point of the latest wave of violence.”
Vice talks to Rabbi Yehudah Glick who survived an assassination attempt last year and calls for the sharing of the Temple Mount with the Muslims. Also interviewed is Sheikh Omar Al Kiswani who is the director of the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound. Much of the violence perpetrated during “Intifada 3.0” is occasioned by the notion that Israel, despite vehement denials, is trying to change the status quo on the Temple Mount at the expense of Muslim worshipers.
– Clashes in the West Bank: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 1)
– Locking Down Jerusalem: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 2)
– Day of Rage: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 3)
– Death of a Stone-Thrower: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 4)
– The Heart of the Conflict: Intifada 3.0 (Dispatch 5)